FireEye Endpoint Security - HX Series
Built by experts to protect endpoints from threats that matter
Detect and block whatever AV technology catches – and what it misses
FireEye Endpoint Security is an integrated solution that detects what others miss and protects endpoint against known and unknown threats. With FireEye Endpoint’s powerful single agent, analysts understand the “who, what, where, and when” of any critical endpoint threat, thus minimizing alert fatigue and accelerating response. The unified management workflow allows you to conduct detailed inspection and analysis of threat activity, and create appropriate responses in real-time.
Traditional endpoint protection leaves gaps as it tries to address modern threats. FireEye Endpoint Security improves security visibility and the quality and relevance of your threat data to address these gaps and give you:
- Fully integrated malware protection (antivirus (AV) defenses), remediation, behavior analysis, intelligence and endpoint visibility
- Triage and Audit Viewer to conduct exhaustive inspection and analysis of threat indicators with integrated
- Enterprise Security Search to rapidly find and illuminate intention of suspicious activity or threat
- Data Acquisition to conduct detailed indepth endpoint inspection and analysis over specific time frame
- Exploit Guard to detect, alert, and prevent attacks attempting to misuse or exploit applications
The combination of endpoint detection and response (EDR) and other capabilities into a single integrated FireEye solution gives analysts the fastest possible way to inspect, search and analyze any suspicious activity on any endpoint enabling them to adapt a defense based on detailed threat information in real time.
- Deployable in on-premise, cloud or virtual environments along with endpoint agent to detect, prevent and monitor local or remote endpoint activities
- Fully integrated inspection and analysis workflow with a single endpoint agent that combine threat intelligence, behavioral analysis and malware detection, prevention and remediation
- Enables detailed endpoint investigation with complete activity timelines within a single workflow so staff can quickly identify and contain IOCs and other threats or suspicious activities
- Search for, identify and contain threats on tens of thousands of endpoints (connected or not) in minutes
- Single interface to easily assess all endpoint activities, identify and analyze incidents and contain them with a single click to eliminate risk of infection
Detect and prevent hidden endpoint exploit processes
When it comes to exploit detection and prevention, traditional endpoint protection capabilities are limited because exploits don’t conform to a simple signature or pattern. FireEye Endpoint Security provides a flexible, data-driven exploit behavioral intelligence via a feature called Exploit Guard. This feature also works with Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) with detailed information traditional endpoint solutions miss with FireEyeexclusive intelligence to correlate multiple discrete activities to uncover exploit activity.
Extend threat intelligence to every endpoint
To be effective, threat intelligence must be present at the point of attack. The endpoint detection and response (EDR) capabilities offered by Endpoint Security seamlessly extend threat intelligence capabilities of other FireEye products to the endpoint. If a FireEye product detects an attack anywhere in the network, endpoints are automatically updated and analyst can quickly inspect and gather details with Triage and Audit Viewer on every endpoint for IOCs.
Attain enhanced endpoint visibility
Complete endpoint visibility is critical to identifying the root cause of an alert and conducting deep analyses of a threat to determine its threat state. The lookback cache in Endpoint Security allows you to inspect and analyze present and past alerts at any endpoint for thorough forensic investigation and the best response.
Get complete endpoint coverage with malware protection
Provides comprehensive protection to all endpoints with a tamper proof agent as well as on-access scanning (real-time) of all file types using signatures, heuristics, generic detection and emulation (sandbox) and on-demand (scheduled) scans for full, quick memory, master boot record (MBR), and volume boot record (VBR) scanning.
Contain compromised endpoints and prevent lateral spread
Attacks that start at an endpoint can spread quickly through your network. After you identify an attack, Endpoint Security lets you immediately isolate compromised devices with a single click to stop an attack and prevent it from spreading laterally or becoming a greater threat in some other way. You can then conduct a complete forensic investigation of the incident without risking further infection and take remediation action based on detailed investigation and analysis of threat action.
Automatically detect and prevent malware, exploits or an attack process on any endpoint
Assess and analyze endpoint behavior to reveal and block application exploits from executing with Exploit Guard.
- Investigate in-process exploit activity quickly and thoroughly to facilitate protection
- Thwart malware and other attacks traditional and NGAV endpoint solutions miss
- Detect and stop memory and application attacks such as macros
Instantly validate and contain endpoint attacks
Uncover, inspect and analyze any suspicious activities and endpoint incidents and stop an in-progress attack that might include command and control, lateral spread or other processes.
- Conduct complex searches of all endpoints to find known and unknown threats
- Isolate compromised devices for added analysis with a single click
Get enhanced endpoint visibility
Identify the root cause of alerts with enhanced visibility allowing analysts to conduct deep analyses of threats on every endpoint with Data Acquisition lookback cache.
- Inspect and analyze past and present endpoint activity
- Get a complete view into activity timelines for forensic analysis
- Gather relevant details on any incident, including known stopped attacks to better adapt defenses to attacks in real-time
Adaptive endpoint protection
Extends advanced threat intelligence from the core network to all endpoints.
Provide a single workflow to analyze and remediate threats within endpoint security.
Lets you rapidly search for and identify threats, and discern threat level.
Enables detailed endpoint detection, analysis and response all from a single agent.
Allows instant detection, investigation and containment of endpoints to expedite response.
Accelerates interpretation and response to any suspicious endpoint activity.
Endpoint Security can be deployed through the cloud or as a virtual or on-premise hardware appliance (listed below) that protects up to 100,000 endpoints. The HX4502 can be used for either core or DMZ deployment — the only difference is the license state of each device; the hardware is identical.
Going beyond prevention
How it Works:
Endpoint Security can search for and investigate known and unknown threats on tens of thousands of endpoints in minutes. It uses FireEye Dynamic Threat Intelligence to correlate alerts generated by FireEye and network security products and security logs to validate a threat:
- Identify and detail vectors an attack used to infiltrate an endpoint
- Determine whether an attack occurred (and persists) on a specific endpoint
- Ascertain whether lateral spread occurred and to which endpoints
- Establish time line and how long an endpoint(s) has been compromised
- Follow the incident to identify whether and what intellectual property may have been exfiltrated
- Clearly identify which endpoints and systems need containment to prevent further compromiseansform front-line analysts into investigators by making it simple and straightforward to quickly interpret data and follow up appropriately.
Endpoint Security Requirements:
Endpoint Security requires a 1 Ghz or higher Pentium compatible processor and at least 300 MB of free disk space. It works with the following operating systems:
|Endpoint Security Requirements|
|Operating System||Minimum System Memory (RAM)|
|Windows XP SP3||512 MB|
|Windows 2003 SP2||512 MB|
|Windows Vista SP1 or newer||1 GB (32-bit), 2 GB (64-bit)|
|Windows 2008 (Including R2)||2 GB (64-bit)|
|Windows 7||1 GB (32-bit), 2 GB (64-bit)|
|Windows 2012 (Including R2)||2 GB (64-bit)|
|Windows 8||1 GB (32-bit), 2 GB (64-bit)|
|Windows 8.1||1 GB (32-bit), 2 GB (64-bit)|
|Windows 10||1 GB (32-bit), 2 GB (64-bit)|
|Windows Server 2016||2GB|
|Mac OX 10.9+||1GB|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.8, 7.2, 7.3||2GB|
Virtual Appliance Requirements
Endpoint Security virtual appliances require the following VMware resources:
- VMware ESXi host version 6.0 or later. Earlier ESXi versions are not supported
- VMware vSphere Client
- VMware VCenter Server (recommended). When you use vSphere Client to add virtual appliances to vCenter Server, the Deploy OVG Template wizard provides an easy way to enter your activation code. Otherwise, you must type it in the virtual appliance console, because you cannot paste into this console.
- VMXNET 3 network drivers
- Standard virtual switch created for the monitoring ports of the virtual appliances, and attached to a physical network adapter on the ESXi server.
|Specification||HX 4502||HX 4502D|
|Storage Capacity||4x 4TB HDD RAID10
|4x 4TB HDD RAID10
|Enclosure||1RU, Fits 19-inch Rack||1RU, Fits 19-inch Rack|
|Chassis Dimensions (WxDxH)||17.2” x 27.8” x 1.7” (437 x 706 x 43.2 mm)||17.2” x 27.8” x 1.7” (437 x 706 x 43.2 mm)|
|CPU||1 Intel E3-1240 4-Core 3.5GHz||1 Intel E3-1240 4-Core 3.5GHz|
|NIC||2x 1GigE, 2x 1GigE (MB)||2x 1GigE, 2x 1GigE (MB)|
Endpoint Security Virtual Appliance
|Component||HX2500V (D)||HX2502V||HX4500V (D)||HX4502V|
|CPU||4 cores||4 cores||8 cores||8 cores|
|Memory||16 GB RAM||16 GB RAM||64 GB RAM||64 GB RAM|
|Disk||512 GB Disk||1200 GB Disk||1200 GB Disk||3600 GB Disk|
|Virtual NICs||2 vmxnet3 interfaces||2 vmxnet3 interfaces||2 vmxnet3 interfaces||2 vmxnet3 interfaces|
|Max Endpoints Supported||15,000||15,000||100,000||100,000|
Note: The features of Endpoint Security virtual appliances are detailed below.
Download the FireEye Endpoint Security - HX Series Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!
Get a Quote!